Australia is a very safe country to travel, with very low recorded crimes in most cities.

Yes, if you are travelling to Australia either by boat or Airplane, you need to apply for an Australian visa.

Before travelling to Australia, you should check with the Border Force all items you are permitted to enter with. For full information on this, please access the Australian Border Website

Depending on the country of origin, you are required to be vaccinated (have certain vaccines such as yellow fever). For COVID-19 vaccination information please access the Department of Home Affairs Website

The duration of courses in Australia varies from one month to many years, depending on the qualification.

The duration of your visa is relative to the duration of your course. If the course is up to 10 months, you will have a month holiday at the end of your course. If the course has a duration of 10 months or more, you will have 2 months holiday period at the end of course. Moreover, if the course has a duration of minimum 10 months and it finishes at the end of the academic year Nov/Dec, your visa will be valid until the 15th of March the following year

There is no limit to when you can submit your student visa application. It is recommended that you lodge a complete application at least six weeks before your course start date.

If you are applying for an Australian student visa, you can only enrol at Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

As a student visa holder, if you are inside of Australia, you must remain enrolled at a CRICOS course, or you could be in breach of your visa condition and your student visa may be subjected to cancelation. Please have a chat with us for further information.

Depending on the visa you hold, you may not be allowed to work in Australia, you may have work limitations, or you will be able to work full-time.

A Tax File Number (TFN) is your personal unique digital number in the tax and superannuation systems. If you plan to work in Australia, you will need to apply for a TFN.

Depending on the visa you are applying to, you will need to arrange and maintain an adequate health insurance as part of the visa requirement.

Medicare is the health scheme available to permanent residents and certain visa holders in Australia. It allows you to access several medical services at low or zero costs.

A migration consultation is an initial assessment where AWI’s registered migration agent will assess your information to assist you with various matters such as: choice of courses, create visa pathways suitable to your profile, plan strategies to achieve your desired immigration outcome, verify your eligibility to apply for an Australian visa, advise of possible risks associated with your visa application, etc.

You should always seek the support of a Migration Professional when seeking for any immigration assistance. Only registered migration agents, legal practitioners or exempt individuals are permitted by law to provide you with any migration advice. You should never pay an educational agent or any other person to provide assistance or advice with your migration matter.

The process to obtain a permanent residency can be lengthy in some cases, but for others, is a much faster process. It really depends on several factors, in which visa you are applying, and it varies from case to case.

Most Australian Visas do have an age limit. You should check this before lodging a visa application

You can check your visa status at VEVO:

DAMA is the abbreviation of ‘Designated Area Migration Agreement, which is an established agreement between the regional, state or territory authority and the Australian Government, to facilitate overseas workers to be part of a migration program.

The term ‘renew’ is commonly mistakenly used. No Australian visas can be ‘renewed’, if you wish to extend your stay in Australia you need to lodge a new visa application.

If your visa allows you multiple entries you can return to your home country when your course is not in session. From 15 December 2021, fully vaccinated students in a participating jurisdiction will have the option of visiting their families overseas and returning to Australia to continue their studies. Information on jurisdictions’ quarantine requirements is at australia.gov.au/states.